Basrah Journal of Surgery
Prof. Thamer A. Hamdan, FRCS
Prof. Salam N. Asfar, MSc
Dr. Jasim M. Salman, MB,ChB, DA, FICMS
Dr. Hashim S. Khayat, FRCS
Prof. Mazin H. Al-Hawaz, CABS, FRCS
Prof. Zeki A. Al-Faddagh, CABS, FRCS
Prof. Issam Merdan CABS, FICMS
Assist. Prof. Ali A. Alshawi, FFDRCSI, FDSRCS
Assist. Prof. Mazin Abdulsattar, CABS
Dr. Zuhair Al-Barazanchi, MSc, PhD
National Advisory Board
Prof. Ahmad M Al-Abbasi, FRCS
Prof. Abdulla M. Jawad, PhD
Dr. Hasan K. Muhamed, FRCS
Assist. Prof. Tahir A Hawrami, DS, CABS
Assist. Prof. Farhad K. Sulayvani, CABS
Prof. Hassan J Hasony, MPhil, PhD
Prof. Nadhim K. Mahdi, PhD
International Advisory Board
Dr. Majeed H Alwan, FRCS, New Zealand
Dr. Luay P Susan, MD, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Prof. Stewart L Weinstein, MD, USA, Former president AAOS
Dr. Robert W Buchoiz, MD, USA, Former President AAOS
Dr. Cody Bünger, MD, USA, President SICOT
Dr. Scott A Hoffinger, MD, Oakland, CA, USA
Dr. Sebastian Gitter, Dr.med. Biberach, Germany
Dr. Alec Benjamin, FRCS, UK
Prof. W Al-Ma’ani, MD, Jordan
Prof. K Fathie, MD, FACS, USA
Prof. Hikmat Jamil, MD, PhD, USA
Prof. Wajdy L Haillo, MD, PhD, USA
Mr. David Gallaway, PhD, FRCS
Dr. Rick Wilkerson, MD, USA
Dr. Sabri Shukur, FDSRS, USA
Prof. Gary Selnow, USA
Dr. John Howe, USA
Dr. Karim A Shaikley, MD, USA
Dr. John Chalmers, FRCS, UK
Dr. J Frazer, MD, USA
Dr. M Zayer, MD, Sweden
Dr. S Al-Bodur, MD, Jordan
Ms. Elham Altoma
Ms. Salima J Sa’ad
Instructions to Authors
Basrah Journal of Surgery publishes original articles, review articles, leading articles and case reports; all manuscripts are submitted to editorial review. Authors are requested to send two copies of their articles and other editorial material to:
Basrah Journal of Surgery, Dept. of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Basrah. IRAQ.
An article is reviewed for publication on the understanding that the work it reports has not been submitted simultaneously to another journal, has not been accepted for publication by another journal, has not been accepted for publication by another journal nor has it been already published. Any such attempt, when detected, will result in automatic rejection and may prejudice acceptance of future contributions. The articles and their illustrations become property of the journal. The editorial board does not necessarily agree with views expressed by the authors.
A covering letter must accompany all submissions and must be signed by all authors. The first named author is responsible for ensuring that all authors have seen and approved the manuscript and are fully conversant with its contents.
Authors should consult “uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals” produced by the international committee of medical Journal Editors and published in the British Medical Journal, 6 February 1988, 401-5. Only manuscripts, which comply with this, the Vancouver style, will be considered. The text of the articles is usually divided into sections with the headings, Summary (abstract), Introduc-tion, Methods, Results and Discussion. Long articles may need subheadings within some sections to clarify its content. Two good quality plain paper copies of all written and tubular material should be submitted. The manuscript must be typed double-spaced with a minimum of 3cm margins on A4 paper (210 × 297 mm) in the following order:
1. Title page with name of the author(s). The appointment of each author at the time of performance of the work reported should be mentioned; if an author has since moved then his new address is to be added as footnote. Authors names should be mentioned up to six, if there are more authors then the first three are mentioned followed by “et al.”.
2. Summary should be concise, complete in itself and outline the aim, results and conclusions of the paper. Randomized controlled trials should be identified.
3. The text of all articles should be short and to the point.
4. References should be numbered according to their sequence in the text and not alphabetically. They should be written down in compliance with Vancouver style; i.e.
A) Journal: Ferguson AJ, Mazier WP, Ganchrow MI, Friend WG. The closed technique of haemorrhoidectomy. Surgery 1971; 70: 480.
B) Book: Golgberg SM, Nivato-vongs S, Rothenberger DA, Colon, Rectum and Anus. In: Schwartz SI, Shire GT, Spencer FC, eds. Principles of surgery. 4th ed. Singapore: MacGraw Hill; 1984.
5. Tables should be separately typed each on one sheet and must have a Roman identifying number and a short descriptive title.
6. Illustrations should be submitted in duplicate. Photographs must be of the highest professional quality. Original line drawings may be sent instead of photographs. Never write on the front or back of drawing or photographs.
7. Pagination, all pages should be numbered in the sequence, title page, summary, text, acknowledgment, references, tables and legends for illustrations.
8. Abbreviations should be limited in the text. Terms, which are mentioned frequently, may be abbreviated, and clearly defined on first use.
9. Statistical analysis should include a clear description of which methods were used for which analysis. Results of statistical tests should be reported by stating the value of the test statistic, the number of degrees of freedom and the P value. For example, t=1.34, 16 d.f., p=0.2. There should also be an indication whether the results were statistically significant or not.
10. It is preferable to provide the manuscript on a compact disc using MS Word 2003 version.
Checklist for authors
2-Two copies of the article.
3-Writing style according to the Vancouver style.
4-Tables, graphs and legends for the photos each on separate sheet of paper.
5-A copy of the article on a compact disc.
The editorial board would like to inform our readers that the journal has been included in the Index Medicus for the WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region (IMEMR) starting from the March, 1999 issue (Vol.5, No.1). This issue as well as all forthcoming issues of the journal will appear in WHO/EMRO web site on the Internet at the address http://www.who.sci.eg The journal was also included in the collection of the National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland starting from the same issue (i.e. Vol.5, No. 1) as we were informed by the National Institutions of Health in their letter dated February 2, 2000.
Website: http://basjsurge.com email: email@example.com
Mobile: 009647801061850 Editor 009647801018133 Information Administrator
مجلة البصرة الجراحية 2015
مجلة البصرة الجراحية تصدر عن كلية الطب جامعة البصرة تعنى بنشر البحوث الطبية.